February 18, 2010

Feb 18, And the Tooth will prevail

I have achieved the impossible. Got kind of drunk on local dental anesthesia, of which I was given an industrial grade helping (it was spilling over into my eyes and nose from the syringe). All the doctor's cries of "relax, relax" were in vain and I clenched my fists as he administered the shot, but afterwards I felt a little too relaxed, and blabbered a little too drawlingly, and my head swam around beautifully, and don't blame me if I become a local anesthesia junkie, ok?

Anyway, the shot did nothing to numb the troublesome nerve, and I jumped three feet into the air when the doc drilled it.
Let's skip over the gory bits and totter home, where the main tooth kept giving me 140-character pain as it tweeted its woes to its friends and neighbors. I was ok, till the neighbors started retweeting. Ow Ow Ow!

As you can see, the spiritual effects of the anesthetic have not yet worn off, and I should stop blogging for the day, because when I wake up all hung over tomorrow morning, I will regret this.

Bye!

Keep smiling! It might improve your face value. (The poster in the dentist's office has this very tentative message)

3 comments:

runa said...

Much needed dose of humour to end the day. :)
Hope your toothache goes away very very soon.
I had done this routine of 1 post a day long time ago. With each post, it felt like a day's job was all well done.

Anonymous said...

the tooth, only the tooth and nothing but the tooth!

Deepak said...

Not sure if you noticed dear, but the doc was wearing a tie patterned with Snoopy in various playful postures. I think it's a ploy to keep the children from being intimidated.

p.s. The captcha is "plenest" - read as "plainest" - certainly not an allusion to the doc's tie.