March 27, 2005

Weekend

I feel old and stern and quite outdated this weekend. It is the first time I’m feeling this way.

I’ve played party pooper and made a few friends dislike me this weekend, and I hope they will see it was for their own good.

I’ve also lost faith in the good sense of some people I looked up to, and will have to realign my relationship with them.

I’ve learned that there is something like too much enjoyment, and carpe diem is a weekend philosophy not applicable to entire lifetimes. I’m looking for a weekday philosophy now.

In hindsight, all this makes a lot of sense. It was the weekend of death and resurrection. How nicely Holi snuggled itself between Good Friday and Easter. And then they say there is no single God!

3 comments:

Domesticated Bachelor said...

i came i read and i hugged

Anonymous said...

Tight hug.

manuscrypts said...

weak end.. hmm... and yup, there is no single god when u need one :(