March 03, 2005

The Joker Blows Candles Off The Cake

This blog is delighted to observe the birthday of the Joker today.
It was a golden day in the History of Friendship when the Sis bumped into him online, and I am so happy I did not fight with her for the laptop that day!

Three reasons why you want to be friends with this chap:
1. He is seriously funny. And all kinds of interesting things happen to him.
2. He sends you more gifts than an airbus can carry.
3. He sees a lot of sense in calling you up long distance and raving about a fancy cellphone for forty minutes.

I am dedicating his favorite poem to him, which he’s been carrying around in his pocket for years. The poem makes a lot of sense to me, and makes him my idol:

The Show Goes On

As I stumble through this life
Help me create more laughter than tears.
Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail
to see the wonder in the eyes of a child.
Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people
make them forget, at least momentarily,
the unpleasantness in their lives.
And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made My people smile, you made Me smile."


Have a Happy Happy Birthday and May All Your Wishes Come True!!!!

5 comments:

shub said...

wow...lovely words there!

Chugs said...

smile on.
happee budday!

Anonymous said...

What makes u think u didn't fight for the laptop that day? it's just that you didn't win.

Sis

Hornswoggler said...

happy birday seriously funny person

Anonymous said...

nice to see someone enjoy a birthday like that. and nice to see someone so emotional about one's birthday. appee burdayy!!! & wish you a truly great year ahead, just like your birthday.

and a nice, truly lovely prayer, that one. guess that's what makes you the way you are and keep you going (psst.. you really do cheer people up). :-D

M