January 03, 2005

Rise and Shine!

When God kicks off a year with a weekend, you know He’s got his heart in the right place.

Instead of my usual stay-at-home-and-brood New Year’s Eve, I had the option of either:

- Making myself and others miserable
- Enjoying myself and making others uncomfortable

No prizes for guessing which one I chose. Papun Dada and family were made to put up with the non-smoking vegetarian teetotaler on NYE. They did a phenomenal job. Witnessed thought-provoking conversation after ages. Dada is hereby named Host of theYear for 2004 and 2005.

Saw Mughal-e-Azam with one of the Bong ladies on Saturday. Her persistent intrusion of my personal space, together with comments like “sniff sniff: boys are not worthy of such love”, has me realllllllly worried now.

Bought a Hemant Kumar CD, as a New Year gift for myself, to replace the tape that I have worn to extinction. Put on the music and switched off the lights. Prepared far-too-crunchy-to-be-called-cooked veggies and far-too-limp-to-be-called-cooked chapattis for dinner in the dark. Bong lady came over (uninvited) to eat by candle light and cried into her daal roti dinner while the music played. I prayed the CD would end before I did.

Visited a Delhi friend (along with other Delhi friends) yesterday. Note: first instance of groupism. Had Delhi-like food. Realized I had never missed it much.

Forgot my cellphone at home on the first working day of the year. Have a happy 2005 All!

No comments: