Presenting Inky’s Incredible Recipe: Patent Pulao
Basmati rice (Goras dunno what basmati is. Am sorry to say.)
Stir fry vegetables (available chopped and cleaned in a plastic bag)
Knorr Veg stock cube
Ginger powder (real thing too expensive and wasteful)
Salt and pepper
Water (Apart from water, everything was purchased from Sainsburys)
(Note absence of oil/cheese/any kind of fat. Unique recipe in this country.)
- Take a small blue saucepan (because I say so!) and fill it two-thirds with water. Drop some veggies (LOTS of veggies mummy, LOTS) and the stock cube.
- Also drop ginger and cinnamon powder, salt and pepper.
- Let it boil for a coupla minutes.
- Throw in the rice, cover, and return to your room and work online.
- Suddenly remember what you left in the kitchen, run, stub a toe, curse.
- See sorry face of food, and add some ketchup. Consider visiting the cafeteria before it closes.
- Go back to room and try not to think about cost of each individual ingredient wasted.
- Return to kitchen, and taste goopy food with knife.
- Go to hospital to get bleeding tongue sutured (Just kidding)
- Realize food tastes yummy. Suddenly crave dahi.
- Remember purchasing sugarless yogurt…debate between strawberry and peach, settle for peach.
- Realize tangy peach tastes good with fusion food!
Until next time, keep an eye out for Inky’s Incredible Recipes.