October 07, 2005

Thanks

I’ve discovered a new feeling in myself lately. Gratitude. For people who hold the door for me. For the people who thank me if I hold the door for them. For the cool weather. For maps and directions that make me independent in a strange land. For the infinite variety that is London. For the gift of a pair of legs that work, and take me around the city. For the neighbour who knocks at my door to return the wallet I have forgotten in the community fridge (long story). For my parents, who have loaned me their life’s savings to fulfill my dream. For Google Talk, which keeps me connected. For my sister, who bridges the gap between what is said and what is intended. For the lunatic who worries if I am not online by 7am. For the neurotic who is probably spending her days worrying that I am not eating right…

I could go on forever.

Thank God for all this and more!

5 comments:

Domesticated Bachelor said...

*HUGS*:-) have a great time....and you forgot to thank me for not having said anything teasing to you since you left for london*GRIN* so now i think i will go back to that *EVIL LAUGH*

Sonia said...

you're changing aren't u. there's a difference in the way you write. i like it.

Anonymous said...

Yep. I agree. There's so much to be grateful for.

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

So much gratitude is an indicator of a plenty of happiness. Really good to note you're enjoying yourself - it may be the best way to return all that your parents have "loaned" you.