January 08, 2006

Last Day Of Vacation

In an unremarkable instance of life imitating art (cf. Wilde, Intentions) I went to Portobello Road after seeing Notting Hill (Michell, 1999). Nice market. I went into a second hand bookstore and purchased a copy of The Best of Dorothy Parker (London: Duckworth pub. 2000 ISBN 0-7156-3024-5 Approx 5 inches by 8 inches and weighing about 150 grams in semi-excellent condition paperback, purchased at 25% student discount for GBP 3 (INR 240 at a 1:80 conversion rate)).

As you might have noticed, I have done my fair share of academic writing this vacation, and am now at liberty to snuggle up in bed and read stuff like:
SANCTUARY
My land is bare of chattering folk
The clouds are low along the ridges
And sweet’s the air with curly smoke
From all my burning bridges

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ASYLUM
I face immense inertia
in starting a conversation
having suffered dementia
from living in isolation

-- D (not Dorothy - not even the one from Kansas - for God's Sake)

Ink Spill said...

Few comments make Inky stick
her lazy head out of the hole
But how can she spare the antic
who posts pictures of her soul!

- Demented in isolation Inky