March 19, 2010

BRC vs RR

How excited can you be about twenty twenty?
Is the question and the answer is: plenty

And that's why we hopped, skipped and jumped to the Chinnaswamy stadium yesterday, for the husband's first (and my second) live match ever! What seats! What weather! What light! What crowds!

And then Rajasthan was challenged royally!
C'mon! Even I could have made 93!

The fireworks were good. The hat-trick was go-ood. The lab rats who yell each time the weird siren blows were terrifyingly Pavlovian!

We screamed, we yelled, we made Mexican Waves
Coz that's how a Roman in Rome behaves!

Of course I knew precious little (ok nothing) about the technicalities of the game, and my expert comments made the husband hold his head in dismay whenever he was not jumping up and down aping the umpire's gestures.

The voice you heard yelling "I AM NOT WITH HER"
Belongs to the son-in-law of my mother

Luckily for us hungry and be-car types, the lopsided match ended before three-wheeler-drivers turned extortionist and pizza delivery shut down for the night.

Hoarse-voiced we woke Dominos from their slumber
They thought Big B was calling from our number
!

3 comments:

Sumira said...

"Luckily for us hungry and be-car types, the lopsided match ended before three-wheeler-drivers turned extortionist and pizza delivery shut down for the night."

Strangely, that was my favourite sentence in the post.

Abhi said...

I was there too! :)

Hornswoggler said...

that's why I agree with that ad: stadium ka mazaa kuch aur hi hai