If you're in Bangalore, please memorize this checklist and evaluate the autorickshaw before you board it:
- LICENSE: If it's not displayed, minus two points. If it's a tattered old photocopy, minus one point.
- METER: Old meter, minus one point. Old unbranded meter, minus two points.
- RELIGIOUS ICONOGRAPHY: Minus one point if God is easily accessible for doling out forgiveness for having fleeced passengers
- PROACTIVITY: Minus one for having spotted you from afar and stopped. Remember, in the auto jungle, only the predator hunts.
If all the above problems are present, move on to checklist 2
- AGE OF AUTO DRIVER: Minus two for being below 30
- LOCATION: Minus two for having been found outside a place of worship. With due respect, God would need a superb lawyer to disprove his connection with the auto mafia.
It's not a foolproof system, of course, but so far it's rarely been proven wrong.