December 02, 2005

Epitaph

On the grey tombstone of a girl recently found dead
of the cold ‘cos her cap would not stay on her head:
“Here lies Inky who was mostly good; she only sinned
in that she was always seen walking against the wind.”

Having said that, it strikes me that everyone is outside of the convention these days, so much so that the “outside” seems to be the new “inside”. Is there anyone out there who’s still walking with the wind and won’t mind letting me know?

“Wind” jokes are prohibited. They shall be deleted and the commenter shall be flogged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written !!

Hyde said...

I forgot to wind my watch. By the time I realised it, the convention I was supposed to attend, had wound up!

wendigo said...

next time, walk home backwards. that way, you may even find yourself in the library more often.