August 07, 2007

On The Brighter Side...

Books read in the last 20 days:
Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett (Funny!)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (queued up at Piccadilly AND Covent Garden for the launch. Kiss my little finger.)
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Re-read, again during an unexplained fever)
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (Which probably explains why I am not getting better)
Short Stories by Roald Dahl (Creepy but nice!)

Movies seen in the same period:
An Inconvenient Truth: Overrated
The Namesake: Weeping copiously into airline orange juice makes a nice mocktail
Flushed Away: Loved the Underground London!
Cheeni Kum: Ok. Again.
Moliere: French for “I Kick Shakespeare In Love’s Ass”
Annie Hall: Funky Cool!
Sideways: What was all the fuss about?
Music And Lyrics: Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. What? You want a story too??
Blades of Glory: Hilarious!
The Pursuit of Happyness: Hype killed it for me a bit I think.

TV Shows That I Can Now Write Dissertations Upon:
Home Improvement: Did not rest until I found out where the third kid went in the final season!
Eight Simple Rules: Too many broken families on TV
Scrubs: Not nice to watch a hospital all the time when sick
Frasier: Amazing as ever
Hope and Faith: Irritating but addictive
Friends: Forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god, you are busier when you're sick than I am when I'm well.

If you could mail me when you're better, I'd be most grateful.

Kahini

Anonymous said...

Just read the part about you seeing An Inconvenient Truth and finding it over-rated. "Overrated" is probably the most polite word I can think to describe the "idiocumentary". I could kick AG's ass after I saw it.

Well, there was a series done on Channel 4 around a month or two ago called "The Great Global Warming Swindle" that you MUST see now. It'll give solid data, context and science behind you finding it "overrated". I think the whole series is broken up into 8 parts and is up on YouTube.

Watch it and thank me later :)!