June 13, 2010

Back?


Can’t recall where the last couple of months have gone. Anyway, here I am and this morning I sent a little paper boat sailing into a storm. Praying fervently that it reaches the other shore safely!

Travelled to Ladakh, this time for the snow and the apricot blossoms, neither of which disappointed. Came back with a killer cold that had to be nuked with a swine-flu-blaster medicine, but that will not stop me from going back to Ladakh the first chance I get!


Speaking of blossoms, I've been reading 2 Davids who are poles apart: Mitchell and Lodge, one a confirmed dopehead and the other a literary critic whose work I was force-fed at college and whose funny, wise and un-put-downable novels I discovered entirely by chance (I can never resist the temptation of buying a 150-rupee trilogy at Blossom). Loving them both equally, and while Mitchell has vanished from the shelves at Blossom, Lodge is hidden behind other books on a shelf that only I seem to know of! (We pay extra rent to stay within walking distance of Blossom)

Speaking of Blossom, it was awesome (sorry) to see Mayim Bialik make a reappearance on TV as the possible love interest of Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory. Being married to a Sheldon Cooper-esque specimen character dude myself, I'm eager to see if these guys can write a future for the two!

Blogger is tempting me to explore the template design feature. Off I go! Whee!

5 comments:

The Wanderer said...

Welcome back ! And what a lovely picture :)

Abhi said...

Hey, I was in Ladakh too last week! Very whimsical weather.. but the place is just awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, STUNNING picture, Inky.

Waits expectantly...

Kahini

Parmanu said...

Astonishing photograph!

I've only read Lodge's Art of Fiction, and always hesitated to pick up one of his novels. Perhaps I should try it - which one would you recommend?

Ink Spill said...

Thangoo Thangoo!

Parmanu, the last one I read was "Thinks..." which was good!